Submit Prayer Chain Request HERE
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God (Philippians 4:6 NIV).
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also (1 Corinthians 14:15).
And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it (John 14:13-14).
And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him (1 John 5:14-15).
You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures (James 4:3).
1. Guidelines for a prayer chain
- Prayer concerns that will be shared – e.g. personal concerns, requests on behalf of others, crises in the church, workplace, or community, global concerns.
- Prayer requests will be shared through each person free to contact all others; Every Sunday one person who is responsible for making a prayer list will update it to the best of their ability.
- Prayer requests will be shared through combination of e-mail group distribution lists, through the personal cell phone text message or a phone call. Methods are depending on members’ comfort level.
- Every prayer chain member commits to check e-mails or a cell phone text message at least once a day to ensure receipt of request; immediate prayer when request is received with follow-up later.
2. Guidelines for a prayer chain confidentiality
- All members of a prayer chain have to avoid discussing an individual’s situation with anyone outside the prayer group unless permission has been granted.
3. Guidelines for a prayer chain membership
- Must truly understand, and believe in the power of prayer.
- Must be committed to following through on all requests that are received as soon as possible and to continue to honor that request in prayer until there is a call to celebrate the response.
- Must respect confidentiality at all times.